Promotion: NRL Season Footy Tipping 2021
Promoter: The Promoter is Newcastle Newspapers Pty Ltd (ABN 46 000 003 967) of 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009 Telephone number (02) 4979 5277
Promotional Timings: The competition is run over the course of the 2021 NRL season. Start date: 1-03-2021 at 12:01 am AEDT End date: 2-09-2021 at 11:59 pm AEST
Promotional Period: from the Start Date until the End Date.
Entry: Entry is only open to businesses which have purchased advertisement positions from The Newcastle Herald prior to the start of the Promotional Period. Nominated representatives of businesses participating in the promotion must be Australian residents who are 18 years and over. Each eligible business may only enter the promotion once and must nominate only one representative to submit tips on behalf of the business participant (Nominated Representative). Directors, employees and their Immediate Family Members of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and any agencies or companies associated with the Promoter or the Promotion are not eligible to enter. Immediate Family Member means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
How to enter Eligible entrants must: register for the competition with The Newcastle Herald through the Sales and Features Advertising teams; and complete entry registration details as provided by their Sales Representative, upon request, including (but not limited to): o the name, business address and business logo of the participating business; and o the phone number, email address, a head shot image and the name of the favourite NRLteam of the business's Nominated Representative; and tips to be entered on the tipping portal provided prior to cut of time Entrants must submit tips prior to 1PM MONDAY WEEK OF PUBLICATION. Any submission after that will be considered invalid. If tips are not received by the away team will be automatically generated as the selected tips. Submissions must be validly completed in full to be valid
Winner selection The Promoter will maintain a tally of scores throughout the Promotional period based on correct tips submitted by entrants for each NRL game. Results will be published in the Newcastle Herald on the Thursday following each round of the NRL season. The competition winner of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be calculated at 10:00am (AEDT) on 27th August 2021 at The Newcastle Herald, Lvl 2, 710 Hunter Street, Newcastle 2300. The entrant with the highest accumulated score for each competition will win the respective prize.
Weekly round winners: Weekly prize winners will be calculated at 3:00pm Tuesday following each round of the NRL season. In the case of a tie in a weekly round, the weekly prize will be randomly drawn from eligible businesses. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner(s). In the event of the winning prize not being accepted or claimed within 3 business days of the competition
Detailed Terms: Entry into the Promotion
1. The Promotion Details above and all Detailed Terms below form part of these Terms and Conditions. The Entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Terms and Conditions
2. It is a condition of entry that all Terms and Conditions are accepted as final and the Entrant agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Submission of an entry is deemed to be an acknowledgement by the Entrant that they have read these Terms and Conditions and accepted them.
3. Any capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the meaning given in the Promotion Details, unless stated otherwise.
4. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and runs for the Promotional Period ending on the End Date.
5. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the Entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion, social media platforms faulting or for any other reason.
6. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. An entry that is made on behalf of another person will also be deemed invalid.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion or Promoter.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details including the right to request proof of an entrant's identity, age and residency. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an Entrant or entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each Entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. An Entrant who uses any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
11. Should an Entrant's contact details change during the Promotion, it is the Entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
12. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, power or technical failure, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
13. The winner(s) will be notified by email together with further instructions on how to arrange the collection of their prize within 2 days of the winner(s) being determined. conclusion, the prize will be forfeited and no cash or other alternative will be offered to that winner. Prizes Weekly 2 x GA Tickets to next Newcastle Knights Home Game valued at $33 End of Season 1st - 2 x Grand NRL Tickets valued at $170 each + T44 Advertisement in The Newcastle Herald valued at $5175.00 Ex GST (total $5515) 2nd - 1 x T44 Advertisement in The Newcastle Herald valued at $5175.00 Ex GST 3rd - 1 x T24 Advertisement in The Newcastle Herald valued at $2587.00 Ex GST Permit Details Authorised under NSW Notification-Trade Promotion NTP/01035 Special conditions Submission of tips must be completed by the Nominated Representative each week. In case of unavailability, another representative from the participating business may submit tips on the Nominated Representative's behalf. The substitute representative must be employed by the participating business at the time the tips are submitted. If there is any inconsistency between these Promotion Details and the Detailed Terms below, the Promotion Details above will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency.
14. Each prize will be awarded to the person named in the winning entry. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant or winner.
15. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize or provide a cash alternative.
16. The details of the prize(s) are set out in the Promotion Details. The value of the prize(s) is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prizes (inclusive of GST) at the Start Date of the Promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes after that date.
17. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
18. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier. The Promoter and the third party prize supplier reserve the right to refuse to allow a winner to use or take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if either determine, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely use or participate in the prize.
19. If the prize consists of any gift cards of any third party supplier, the gift card(s) may not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, traveller's cheques, cash passports or any other form of currency, and will not be replaced or refunded if the gift card is lost or stolen
20. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
21. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party supplier and/or is to be delivered directly to the winner(s), the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party supplier to meet any obligations in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise. The terms and conditions which apply to a prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Terms of Conditions, to the extent of any inconsistency. Personal Information, marketing and publicity
22. As part of the Promotion, the Promoter will collect Entrants' personal information. If the Entrant does not provide their personal information as requested, they may be ineligible to enter or claim a prize in the Promotion. Submission of an entry is deemed to be consent by the Entrant to the Promoter collecting their personal information.
23. The Promoter will use the personal information to enable an Entrant to participate in the Promotion.
24. The Promoter may disclose Entrants' personal information to third parties including its contractors and agents, prize suppliers, Promotion sponsors and service providers to assist in conducting this Promotion and to the State and Territory lottery departments as required under the relevant lottery legislation.
25. The Promoter and its associated entities (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) may use Entrants' personal information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the Entrant electronically.
26. If there is a Promotion Sponsor, the Promotion Sponsor may use the personal information of an Entrant for marketing purposes if the Entrant has given their consent to be contacted by the Promotion Sponsor.
27. Personal information will be stored by the Promoter on a database controlled by the Fairfax Group or by a third party service provider of the Fairfax Group.
28. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
31. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter and its associated entities may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
32. The winner agrees not to sell or otherwise provide their story and or photographs related to the Promotion or being a winner of the Promotion to any other media organisation. Intellectual property rights
33. he Entrant hereby consents to the Promoter and its associated entities using their likeness, image and/or voice in the event that the Entrant is the winner (including photograph, film or recording) in any media whatsoever throughout the world for the purpose of promoting this Promotion or other similar promotions and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and or supplied by the Promoter and its associated entities. The Entrant will not be entitled to any remuneration for such use. Use of social media
34. The following terms apply to the extent that the Promotion is conducted on, advertised or promoted on a social media platform owned by a third party (Platform Operator): i) the Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Platform Operator. ii) the Entrant releases each Platform Operator and its associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion; and iii) to the extent relevant to the Promotion, Fairfax agrees and each Entrant must agree to adhere to the terms and conditions and promotions guidelines of each Platform Operator which are available to view online on their social media platforms. Limitation of liability
35. Any guarantee or warranty given in relation to a prize is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
36. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or willful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting, taking part in or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
37. Neither the Promoter, nor any Promotion Sponsor or third party prize supplier, or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond their control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the prize in accordance with the prize description.
38. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications of this Promotion and Entrants must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to their own personal circumstances and any tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
39. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.