A BODY has been found on a beach at Hawks Nest, police have confirmed.
Police and five NSW Ambulance crews were called to the southern end of Bennetts Beach about 8am Tuesday to reports that members of the public had made a grisly discovery.
Officers arrived on scene to find the body of a 66-year-old man. They said there was not believed to be suspicious circumstances surrounding the man's death.
A report will be prepared for the coroner.
Police remained on scene at the beach late on Tuesday morning.
IN THE NEWS:
- Maitland man pleads guilty to fraud: accountant stole from $1m loan
- Hunter Drug Court celebrates a decade of making a difference in fight against drugs
- Tough break as Jets skipper sidelined for four weeks
- Tszyu-castle 'feels like home' for Tim
- Nervous Newcastle uni staff await details of schools restructure