RORY Walker scored twice as Norths turned the tables on Gosford and came from behind to beat the four-time defending champions 2-1 in Sunday's season opener on the Central Coast.
The visitors conceded after half-time but Walker responded. He equalised from a penalty stroke and followed up with his second to put the Blues ahead.
Elsewhere in round one of the Hunter Coast Premier Hockey League and Wests drew 3-all with University in Newcastle while hosts Maitland lost 6-0 to Souths.
IN THE NEWS:
- 'I wasn't going to toe the line': One Nation, Stuart Bonds part ways
- Body at Barrington most likely missing woman: police
- Jesmond stabbing: alleged victim's outlook hopeful
- PHOTOS NewRun: Hill 2 Harbour numbers swell in COVID return
- Australian commemoration for Prince Philip
- Surfing: Merewether goes mad for WSL champions
- Knights: Titans thrash Newcastle on Gold Coast
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: