POLICE will prepare a report for the coroner after a man died inside a car between Singleton and Gresford on Monday night.
Emergency services were called to Myall Creek Road at Glendon Brook about 6pm after reports of a car crash.
Hunter Valley Police District officers arrived to find a Toyota Landcruiser, which they said had crashed into a tree, about 30 metres down an embankment.
Police said the car's driver, 52, was found dead at the scene.
Officers established a crime scene.
Inquiries have begun into the cause of the fatal crash.
A report will be prepared for the information of the coroner.
Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
IN NEWS TODAY:
- Mystery COVID case pops up in east Sydney
- Hannah Gadsby brings Body of Work to Newcastle
- Pfizer registrations open: investigations into how man caught Indian COVID strain
- Upper Hunter by-election voting begins: Barilaro vs Turnbull stoush
- How AGL plans to keep the lights on while demolishing Liddell Power Station
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: