LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Repatriated Australians from virus-ravaged India are settling in at the Howard Springs quarantine facility south of Darwin.
* More than 40 people who tested positive pre-flight along with about 30 of their close contacts were barred from returning on QF 112, which had a COVID-safe capacity of 150 seats.
* About 80 returnees are thought to have taken the eight-and-a-half hour flight from New Delhi to Darwin, which touched down about 9.25am AEST on Saturday.
* National Critical Care and Trauma Response Centre executive director Len Notaras says those who were unable to board the Qantas Dreamliner will have to reapply to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for a seat on another flight.
* About 10 per cent of the Australian population has been vaccinated and some 2.98 million vaccine doses have been administered, with 400,000 people given a dose last week.
* The rollout is expected to get a massive boost when GPs start administering jabs to all over-50s from Monday.
* The Queensland government says it is taking smaller COVID-19 vaccine deliveries because more supplies are going directly to GPs.
* A lack of security and "rostering chaos" are leading to growing unrest among contact tracers in NSW, putting the vital public health measure at risk, the public service union warns.
* Many of the workers who interview infected residents and chase down COVID's spread are not employed directly by the NSW government, it says.
* Restrictions in Perth and Peel have been lifted from Saturday, with masks no longer mandatory except at airports, household gathering limits gone and sporting stadiums returning to full capacity.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported no new locally acquired virus cases on Saturday. There were eight new overseas-acquired cases: three in NSW, one in South Australia, one in Queensland, two in the Northern Territory and one in Victoria.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 161,555,984
* Deaths: at least 3,353,210
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 1,410,840,110
Data current as of 1730 AEST on May 15, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press