A one-year-old girl has been taken from a home in south Brisbane and driven into NSW, prompting police pleas for assistance.
The girl was taken late on Saturday night from her Beenleigh home by a man and driven in a white Suzuki sedan across the NSW border.
Queensland Police on Sunday morning issued an Amber alert and urgent plea for information.
The man as Indigenous, approximately 178cm tall, with brown eyes and short dark hair.
He left with the girl in a white Suzuki sedan with NSW registration CS3-4ZR and crossed into NSW about 10.30pm on Saturday.
The girl is Caucasian, 50cm tall with blonde hair, a fair complexion and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink jumper, pink pants and a blue shirt.
IN THE NEWS:
- Sixteen philanthropists publish open letter following the appointment of Mark Vaile as new University of Newcastle chancellor
- People aged between 50 and 59 will now get Pfizer over AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine
- Inside a luxury lakefront listing
- 'Newcastle Education Campus' cash raises questions
- Photos from Newcastle Star Struck 2021 show Rise Up!
- Climate and human health a public health emergency: we need a plan
Australian Associated Press