A dance teacher charged with a raft of alleged child sexual abuse offences has failed in his bid for freedom.
The man applied for bail in Raymond Terrace Local Court on Friday but it was formally refused, before the matter was adjourned to August 23.
He was arrested on Wednesday and charged with three counts of aggravated indecent assault-victim under authority of offender, three counts of indecent assault of a person under 16 years of age, aggravated sex assault-victim under the age of 16 years, aggravated sex assault-victim under authority of offender, assault with act of indecency, common assault, sexual intercourse reckless as to consent and sexual intercourse with a person under care.
Police allege that the man sexually abused four youths - aged between 12 and 17 - who were known to him between 2013 and 2019.
IN THE NEWS:
- Hunter back on high alert in face of Delta strain outbreak
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian confirms Sydney lockdowns
- Sydney's new stay-at-home order: the rules
- Bandidos among 10 charged in Strike Force Raptor raids in Kurri Kurri, Greta and Thornton
- Joy as University of Newcastle graduates celebrate major milestone
- Your guide to what's on this weekend in Newcastle and the Hunter Valley
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: