A man believed to be aged in his 40s has died in a single vehicle crash at Cooranbong on Tuesday morning.
Emergency services were called to Freemans Drive, about two kilometres south of Cessnock Road, just before 7am to reports a vehicle travelling northbound had left the road and crashed down an embankment.
Upon arrival, police found the sole occupant trapped in the vehicle.
He died at the scene and is yet to be formally identified, but is believed to be aged in his 40s.
Officers from Lake Macquarie Police District attended and established a crime scene. They have commenced an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the crash.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crash or may have dashcam footage is urged to contact police.
IN THE NEWS:
- NSW COVID cases reach 18 from Sydney outbreak, lockdown update coming soon: Premier
- Fatal motorbike crash in Torrens Avenue Cardiff
- Surfer remains in serious condition after shark attack
- How a former industrial town is closing the gap on big cities' work, cultural scene
- Stay-at-home loophole forces Newcastle agents to turn away Sydney buyers
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: