NSW Health hopes to fix the online booking system at Belmont's new COVID-19 vaccination centre early this week to allow more people to schedule appointments.
The system has stopped many people locking in appointments because it has only a 60-day booking range.
If the system allots users a first appointment towards the end of that range, it cannot assign a date for the second appointment because it must leave at least 21 days between Pfizer doses.
The system allows people to book only if they confirm both dates.
Strong demand is pushing the system to attempt to assign many first appointments in late August and early September.
NSW Health has acknowledged that the system has been frustrating for users since launching last week.
It plans to transition its software in the next two days to resolve the problem.
The hub opens on Monday morning with the capacity to administer 20,000 doses a week, depending on vaccine supply.
Demand for the mass vaccination centre has been high as Sydney's latest COVID outbreak rages on.
The state recorded 105 new COVID-19 cases, 27 of whom were infectious in the community, in the 24 hours to 8pm on Sunday.
A woman in her 90s in south-east Sydney became the latest casualty of the outbreak when she died on Saturday.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the number of positive cases infectious while mixing with the community remained stubbornly high.
The numbers prompted the government to close Sydney construction sites and cleaning services from Monday until July 30 amid a raft of new restrictions.
Regional NSW restrictions remain unchanged.
Wallsend MP Sonia Hornery said she and Newcastle MP Tim Crakanthorp had written to the Premier to clarify whether building and cleaning companies could redeploy Sydney workers to the Hunter.
"If these workers pose a risk on sites in Greater Sydney, they pose a risk at sites in Newcastle and cannot be allowed to travel," Ms Hornery said on Facebook.
Under the public health orders, Greater Sydney residents cannot enter premises for work that are more than 50 kilometres outside Greater Sydney unless the worker has evidence of a negative test in the previous seven days.
Officers issued a Sydney man with a $1000 fine after finding him asleep in the back of his car at Hawks Nest.
They found the man at 12.40am on Saturday in a white Volkswagen Tiguan on Booner Street. The 60-year-old said he had travelled from his Turramurra home for some peace and quiet.
A 33-year-old staff member at a restaurant at Town Centre Circuit in Salamander Bay received a $1000 fine on Friday night the day after travelling to Ryde to help a friend move house.
Chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant said on Sunday that 69 of the new cases were in isolation during their infectious period.
Seven were in isolation during part of their infectious period, while 27 were infectious in public until receiving a positive test.
Most of the new cases, 76, were in south-west Sydney, including 69 in Fairfield local government area.
Of 76 COVID cases in hospital, 18 are in intensive care and seven on ventilators.
NSW Health offered no more details about two truck drivers who visited the 7-Eleven at Thornton last week, prompting the government to declare the venue an exposure site.
Ms Hornery said NSW Health had notified her the drivers and one employee were the only people inside the business during the exposure and the employee had returned a negative test.
Hunter New England Health issued a public health alert and urged anyone who attended the 7-Eleven between 12.05 and 12.11pm on Tuesday, July 13, to get tested and self-isolate until they received a negative result.
Anyone who has experienced fever or respiratory symptoms, including a cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, sore throat or loss of taste and smell, should seek testing immediately and isolate until receiving a negative result.
HNEH public health controller Dr David Durrheim said the risk to the community of the Thornton exposure was extremely low.
"CCTV indicates masks were worn at all times and there was good social distancing," he said.
New restrictions starting across Greater Sydney
From midnight Saturday, July 17
Retail premises will be required to close ('click and collect', takeaway and home delivery can still operate), except the following can remain open:
o Supermarkets and grocery stores (including butchers, bakeries, fruit and vegetable stores, liquor stores and fishmongers);
o Stores that predominantly sell health, medical, maternity and infant supplies;
o Pharmacies and chemists;
o Petrol stations;
o Car hire;
o Banks and financial institutions;
o Hardware, nurseries and building supplies;
o Agricultural and rural supplies;
o Pet supplies;
o Post offices and newsagents; and
o Office supplies.
In addition to the stay-at-home rules, residents of Fairfield, Canterbury-Bankstown and Liverpool LGAs cannot leave their LGA for work except for emergency services and healthcare workers (including aged and disability workers). Where those workers do need to leave their LGA for work, they are required to be tested every three days, even if they do not have symptoms;
Anyone who leaves the home must have a mask with them at all times. They must be worn when you are working outdoors, in outdoor markets, outdoor shopping strips, and in an outdoor queues waiting for products such as coffee and food; and
All carpooling to be stopped unless among members of the same household.
From 12.01am on Monday, July 19
All construction to be paused; and
Non-urgent maintenance, including cleaning services, and repair work on residential premises to be paused.
From 12.01am Wednesday, July 21
Employers must allow employees to work from home if the employee is able to do so, failure to do so can result in a fine of up to $10,000.
In other news
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: