It has an exclusive address in a sought-after beachside suburb and a statement 1930s residence that perfectly blends period charm with modern convenience.
But the point of difference for this large Merewether listing is undoubtedly a separate, two-storey pool house complete with guest accommodation or teenage retreat.
The property at 32 Janet Street is being marketed by Robinson Property's Ben Robinson with a guide of $4.3 million to $4.7 million.
The main residence features three bedrooms on ground level along with a modern kitchen, a dining room and large lounge room. Upstairs is a master suite, study and living space. Outside is an all-weather alfresco barbecue area and a gas-heated self-cleaning in-ground pool.
"It's quintessential Janet Street, two blocks from the beach, and it's just a premium property," Mr Robinson said.
"It faces north and is nearly 1000 square metres. The original home would've been built in the 1930s, so there is old and new with some beautiful ceilings and good height. A new kitchen and family room has been put on out the back and another level added.
"There is a big double garage at the back and and then you walk into the pool house which feels like you're on the Gold Coast with the cabana downstairs and the kitchenette living area upstairs. It's quite unique."
Inspections are being conducted by appointment only.
IN THE NEWS:
- NSW COVID case numbers 124 today: Premier Gladys Berejiklian says too many infectious in community
- Newcastle Independents councillor accuses Labor of calling police to her team's campaign launch
- Energy Renaissance will commence battery manufacturing at pilot facility at Tomago next month
- Photos of snow fall at Barrington Tops in July 2021
- COVID nasal spray developed by University of Newcastle's Nathan Bartlett enters human trials in Sydney
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: