Volunteers with a passion for innovative arts are needed for Lake Macquarie's new Multi-Arts Pavilion.
The $2.1 million Australia-first venue in Speers Point Park is expected to be open later this year, and will showcase contemporary and emerging art practices, including immersive projections, sound-scapes and live music and theatre performance.
Lake Macquarie City Council MAP mima curator Pippa Budge said the hunt was on for volunteers to help with welcoming visitors, running arts programs and activities and leading guided tours.
"We're really hoping to recruit people who are as passionate about arts and innovation as we are," Ms Budge said.
Volunteers will receive required training, and will typically do a three to four hour shift each fortnight.
"We want this to be a mutually beneficial commitment, where volunteers get experience, support and a sense of satisfaction from doing something in their community," Ms Budge said.
The search is also on for contractors with experience in live theatre and/or event production to help install exhibitions, provide audio-visual expertise and bump-in and out for events.
"Contractors in this role will work across performing arts genres, and other events staged by not-for-profit community groups, commercial performing arts groups, professional theatre and dance companies, plus function hirers including conferences and weddings," Ms Budge said.
Go to lakemac.com.au for more information about becoming a volunteer or contractor.
IN THE NEWS:
- Macquarie College at Wallsend asks families to collect children after student found to be a contact of confirmed COVID case
- 'He tried to rape me': accused killer claims
- Daily case numbers at 110 following record day of testing, Premier Gladys Berejiklian says
- Firefighter Ian Pullen's hit-and-run death: Murder charges dropped against pair
- Uber drivers relocating to Newcastle and Hunter from Greater Sydney prompt warning
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: