Firefighters have managed to save a boat after a fire broke out onboard while it was moored at Sunset Boulevard, Soldiers Point.
The 50ft vessel was found alight at its mooring in the marina when firefighters with NSW Fire and Rescue and Rural Fire Service arrived.
Crews employed a portable pump and quickly extinguished the blaze before it could spread to nearby vessels.
The boat was damaged by heat and smoke, but a spokesperson said there were no injuries as a result of the fire.
IN THE NEWS:
- Newcastle council releases report into Cr Allan Robinson code of conduct breaches
- Living a nightmare after a high-risk person exposed their business to COVID-19
- Allan Robinson, Newcastle Independents split for 2021 election after council report on 'Robbo' comments made public
- COVID NSW numbers rise to 239 as Premier Gladys Berejiklian announces tighter restrictions
- Maitland City Council objects to lodge formal objection about Martins Creek Quarry expansion
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: