The $2.48 million fraud case involving Framlingham's Clark family, which started 18 months ago, has been adjourned again because the magistrate can't attend court due to Melbourne's strict coronavirus lockdown.
Former Framlingham Aboriginal Trust administrator Geoff Clark, his wife Trudi and two of their sons, Jeremy and Aaron, have been charged by police with a total of 1171 offences after a seven-year investigation code named Operation Omega.
Geoff Clark and his family members have always maintained their innocence.
The family appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court on Tuesday via video-link for a committal hearing that started in February last year and was delayed after Melbourne barrister James Westmore suffered extensive injuries in a cycling accident at Dennington on Saturday, February 8.
Further adjournments in March and April last year, and again in June, pushed the hearing back until Tuesday.
The hearing was expected to run for seven days but strict coronavirus lockdowns in Melbourne meant magistrate Charlie Rozencwajg could not attend the courtroom.
Mr Rozencwajg said he didn't have access to any of the documents and the hearing could not proceed.
"Let me tell you, I've pushed as hard as I can (to attend the court) and the answer is no," he said.
"I showed my frustration. I was and still am anxious to finalise this matter. It's getting close to two years almost."
The court heard documents included a 20,000-page police brief.
"This is not a case where someone can just print it off and bring it to you," a barrister said.
The hearing was adjourned until January 17.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.