Two people have been hospitalised suffering from dizziness and high blood pressure after they were overcome by fumes at a Long Jetty business on the Central Coast Monday afternoon.
Paramedics, including a number of special operations team members, were called to the scene on The Entrance Road after reports several people had been effected around 4.30pm.
Two patients were taken to Gosford Hospital in a stable condition after they were treated at the scene, while several others were assessed as a precaution.
A spokesperson for NSW Ambulance said another three people who had visited the business had arrived in hospital during the afternoon, two of whom were taken by ambulance.
"It's not yet clear what the patients were exposed to and an investigation by HAZMAT and police is ongoing," NSW Ambulance superintendent Greg Marshall said.
"The patients were suffering from symptoms including dizziness and fatigue and were promptly treated by paramedics on scene.
"There's always a risk with any potential chemical exposure but paramedics worked hand in hand with Fire Rescue NSW's HAZMAT unit and police to ensure all patients were removed from the building, assessed and treated if needed."
IN THE NEWS:
- Newcastle, Hunter cases a concern as NSW 80 per cent roadmap laid out
- NSW COVID roadmap: what changes at 80 per cent and December 1
- Councils want passenger trains, new port rail link to be part of Lower Hunter Freight Corridor
- Normality beckons for vaxed-up NSW
- Police investigate after gun fired at Commodore at Mount Hutton
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: