Two un-redacted reports and a third previously unreleased report from the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse have been made public on Tuesday.
The reports that had previously only been released in a redacted version are:
The Commissioners recommended that full un-redacted reports and unreleased reports be tabled and published at the conclusion of any relevant criminal proceedings.
Attorney-General, Christian Porter, said the Royal Commission's Terms of Reference required that its work did not prejudice any current or future criminal or civil proceedings.
"Based on advice from state authorities that criminal proceedings have now concluded, I have tabled the reports and ensured they are fully available to the Australian Public." he said.
"The Commissioners delivered both a redacted and an un-redacted version of two of these reports.
The third report (Case Study 43) has not been previously released in any form."
Following tabling in Parliament, a copy of the three reports can be located on the Australian Parliament House website here and shortly on the Child Abuse Royal Commission website https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Heraldoffers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN OTHER NEWS:
- Hunter students prepare to sit first Higher School Certificate exam of 2020: English Paper 1
- Man stored gun after bandits told him they found it in the bush: Court
- NSW COVID-19 restrictions eased in lead up to Christmas
- Newcastle Knights' Daniel Saifiti heads back in the lions den of State of Origin 2020