- LAST UPDATED WEDNESDAY 9.30AM
Here are the latest road closures due to the week of heavy rain.
NEWCASTLE AIRPORT DUE TO OPEN
At midday Wednesday Newcastle Airport runway will reopen, and flights will recommence.
Passengers should confirm their flight status directly with airlines.
A tree is down across power lines on Brunker Road at Adamstown, causing road closures between Burn and South Streets. The issues caused power outages in Adamstown and Adamstown Heights, which has since been restored.
Emergency services remain at the scene and are also investigating a possible gas leak. Delays are expected for a number of hours.
There is no need to evacuate however, residents in the vicinity are advised to close windows and not to use open flames.
The following roads are closed or have water over the road:
- 39 - 49 Pillapai Road Brightwaters (Intermittent closures)
- Weir Rd, Barnsley
- Wangi Rd Toronto (Intermittent closures)
- Kalaroo Rd Redhead
Send your weather photos and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following roads have closures or have water over the road (note: awaiting updated Wednesday openings):
- Williamtown: Cabbage Tree Road - just west of Nelson Bay Road
- Nelson Bay Road and Medowie Road roundabout, Williamtown
- Bourke Street, Raymond Terrace
- Adelaide Street, Raymond Terrace
- Newline Road, Raymond Terrace through to Seaham
- Hunter Street, Raymond Terrace - corner of Glenelg Street
- Elizabeth Ave, Raymond Terrace
- Hinton Road, Hinton - near Mount Kanwary Public School
- Wallalong Road, Wallalong - from Morpeth Street to Paterson Road
- High Street, Wallalong
- Clarence Town Road, Seaham - from Dixon Street intersection (connects to East Seaham Road)
- Newline Road, Eagleton - between Six Mile Road and East Seaham Road
- Old Swan Bay Road, Twelve Mile Creek - Medowie Road to Pond Road
- Cabbage Tree Road, Williamtown
- Foreshore Drive, Corlette
- Wards Way, Salamander Bay near Wanda Avenue
- Gan Gan Road, One Mile
- Nelson Bay Road, One Mile between Salamander Way and Frost Road
- Moorooba Crescent, Nelson Bay near Stockton Pond
- Lily Hill Road, Nelson Bay
- Teramby Road, Nelson Bay
- Tomaree Headland Shoal Bay Road to boat ramp
- Marine Drive, Fingal Bay near Barry Park
- Riverside Drive, Karuah
- Lemon Tree Passage Road, Salt Ash - just after Michael Drive
- Wards Way, Salamander Bay - near Wanda Avenue
- Fullerton Cove Road, Fullerton Cove
- Raymond Terrace boat ramp
- Port Stephens Drive, Anna Bay - between Salamander Way and Nelson Bay Road
All roads in Millers Forest are all closed due to water over the road:
- Scotch Creek Road
- Martins Wharf Road
- Prices Road
- Cross Road
- Edithville Road
- Manerys Road
- Reeds Road
- Dockyard Road
- David Road
- Nalleys Creek Road
- Alnwick Road to Lamb St
The following roads are closed or have water over the road:
Cliftleigh To Gillieston Heights: Main Road/Cessnock Road between Avery Lane and Russell Street
Lambs Valley Road, just north of Maitland Vale Road intersection, is closed due to water over the road.
Gullivers Road, East Maitland is closed between Louth Park Road and Reflection Drive
Valley View Lane, Buchanan, which stems off Buchanan Road/Mt Vincent Rd
Lang Drive, Bolwarra Heights has been closed from house numbers 49 to 79.
Scobies Lane, Oakhampton will be closed from 6.00pm Monday.
Louth Park Road (near Gullivers Lane) will be closed from approximately 7.00pm, Monday.
Woodberry Road, Woodberry is closed from Turners Road to Nilands Lane due to water over the road.
Cessnock Road, Gillieston Heights, Testers Hollow, is closed due to water over the road.
Duckenfield Road, Berry Park is closed between McFarlanes Road and Eales Road, due to water over the road.
Dickenson Road, Melville has been closed due to flooding water on the road.
Maitland Vale Road (near the RFS 858 Maitland Vale Road, Rosebrook) is shut with water over the road.
Brush Farm Road has been closed from Pitnacree Road to Morpeth Road due to water over the road.
Melville Ford Bridge is currently closed to traffic due to flooding.
Due to ongoing inclement weather resulting in flooding/water over the road, the following local roads have been temporarily closed:
- Great Northern Road, Bucketty (closed at George Downes Drive)
- Congewai Road, Congewai (closed at Sanctuary Road)
- Cedar Creek Road, Cedar Creek
- Ekerts Road, Pokolbin (south of Broke Road)
- Lomas Lane, Nulkaba
- Old North Road, Rothbury (Wine Country Drive to Sweetwater Road)
- Richmond Vale Road, Richmond Vale
- Lovedale Road, Lovedale (at railway overpass)
- James Lane, Sawyers Gully
- Watagan Creek Road, Laguna
- Dairy Arm Road, Laguna
- Murrays Run Road, Laguna
- Yango Creek Road, Laguna
- Upper Yango Creek Road, Laguna
- Great North Road, Wollombi (closed at Wollombi Tavern)
- Milsons Arm Road, Wollombi
- Narone Creek Road, Wollombi
- Paynes Crossing Road, Wollombi
- Cessnock Road, Testers Hollow
Closed roads and water over the road:
- Yarramalong Road, Old Maitland Road, Alison
- Panaroma Parade, Loxley Close, Gregory Street, Echidna Street, Albatross Road, Platypus Road, Lakedge Avenue, Wombat Street, Berkley Vale
- Birdwood Drive, Blue Haven
- Marina Street, Edward Street, Michael Street, Alexandra Street, Natuna Avenue, Mimosa Road, Budgewoi
- Wallarah Creek Bridge, Chelmsford East Road, Lowana Avenue, Charmhaven
- Aloha Drive,Hanalei Avenue, Geoffrey Road, Lakedge Ave, Chittaway Bay
- Mandalaong Road, Durren
- Dudley Street, Gascoigne Road, Gorokan
- Carlton Road, Milina Road, Holgate
- Durren Road, Jilliby Road, Jilliby
- Norton A Avevenue, Armstrong Avenue, Moorlan Avenue, Naelcm Avenue, Bushlandsnue, Mclean Street, Lucinda Avenue, Killarney Vale
- Island View Drive, Kincumber
- George Downs Drive, Kulnura
- Lake Street, Long Jetty
- Ironbark Road and Bridge, Lower Mangrove
- McPherson Road, Woodbury Park Drive, Gavenlock Road, Mardi
- Narara Valley Drive, Pandala Road, Narara
- Burns Road, Foots Road, Ourimbah
- St Leondards Street, Rocky Point
- Kallaroo Road, Emu Street, Liamena Avenue, San Remo
- Oyster Shell Road, Spencer
- Newcastle Street, Willow Road, Springfield
- Braithwaite Street, Hillcrest Avenue, Wolseley Avenue, Tacoma
- Fairway Drive, Terrigal
- Tuggerah Parade, The Entrance
- Hutton Road, The Entrance North
- Ace Crescent, Anzac Road, Johnson Road, Tuggerah
- Jensen Road, Wadalba
- Willoughby Road, Wamberal
- Manns Road, West Gosford
- Boyce Avenue, Kennedy Road, Panorama Road, Mcdonagh Road, Kooindah Waters Golf Course to Jensen Road, Leichhardt Road, Pollock Avenue, River Road, Pacific Highway, Wyong
- River Road, Lauffs Lane, Linga Longa Road, Yarramalong Road, Yarramalong
- Box Gap Road, Putty
- Cassells Road (causeway)
- Cranky Corner Road North (causeway)
- Golden Highway at Mudies Creek
- Goorangoola Road (causeways - various)
- Mitchells Flat causeway
- Moses Crossing, Lemington Road
- Myall Creek Road (causeway)
- Oakley Lane (causeway)
- Putty Valley Road (at Putty Creek)
- Putty Road (5km North of Grey Gum Cafe due to landslip)
- Standen Drive (near Kirkton PS)
- Stanhope Road (at intersection with Lambs Valley Road)
- Westbrook Road (causeway)
- Wollombi Road (Payne's Crossing and just past 100km zone leaving Broke)
- Rose Point Park has also been closed for safety concerns due to rising water and ease of access to the river.
Roads closed due to flooding.
- Well's Gully Road,
- St.Hellier's Road
- Rouchel Gap Road
- Yarraman Road
- Wybong Post Office Road
- Castle Rock Road (Kayuga Road end)
- Horseshoe Road
For all other closures visit https://www.livetraffic.com/
BOM Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
- Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
- Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
- Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
- Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
- NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
- AUSGRID Emergency phone line: 13 13 88.
- RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
- Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/midnorth.shtml
- Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
- Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
- BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW