Third time's a charm for Lake Macquarie.
Having come close without tasting victory in the opening two rounds, last year's wooden spooners knocked off 2020 minor-major premiers Edgeworth with a goal in stoppage time at Macquarie Field on Sunday.
IN THE NEWS:
- 'I wasn't going to toe the line': One Nation, Stuart Bonds part ways
- Body at Barrington most likely missing woman: police
- Jesmond stabbing: alleged victim's outlook hopeful
- PHOTOS NewRun: Hill 2 Harbour numbers swell in COVID return
- Australian commemoration for Prince Philip
- Surfing: Merewether goes mad for WSL champions
- Knights: Titans thrash Newcastle on Gold Coast
Lakes defeated the Eagles 3-2 after Chris Berlin's cross hit substitute Kaman Bol, who got the first touch inside the six-yard box before deflections from the goalkeeper and a defender ultimately saw the ball make it across the line.
The Roosters equalised twice, either side of half-time. They went to the main break trailing 2-1.
Earlier on Sunday, hosts Lambton accounted for Valentine 1-0 at Arthur Edden Oval. The Jaffas finished with a man down after a late injury to Reece Pappas.
In Saturday's fixtures NNSW National Premier League leaders Maitland maintained their unbeaten run by holding off Olympic 4-2 at Darling Street Oval.
A 10-man Weston beat Adamstown 2-0 and Magic edged out Azzurri 1-0.
LADDER: Maitland 9; Broadmeadow 7; Lambton, Weston 6; Lakes 4; Olympic, Charlestown, Edgeworth 3; Valentine, Adamstown 0.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: