After a scorching hot Thursday, forecast showers and thunderstorms over the coming week will be a welcome sight for many in the Hunter.
From Friday, residents in the Lower Hunter are likely to experience medium chance of showers leading into the weekend.
According to the Bureau of Meteorology, Maitland residents can expect a top of 33 degrees and an 80 per cent chance of showers on Friday, as well as a possibly severe thunderstorm.
Newcastle is forecast to reach 30 degrees, accompanied by a medium chance of a thunderstorm and a shower or two.
It is possible that Cessnock could experience rainfall every day through to Monday.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN OTHER NEWS
- Another man to face court over alleged online grooming of a child in the Hunter
- Recycled water project could drought-proof Hunter Region
- Lino vows to fight to snare Knights playmaker role following surgery
- Jill Emberson's memorial service: ABC Newcastle broadcaster's legacy lives on
- Double demerits kick in for Australia Day long weekend