Gunther Neumann of the waste management company Remondis, and PCYC Morisset were among the winners at the Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards on Saturday night.
Winners were announced at the awards gala dinner attended by 400 people at Belmont 16s.
Eleven businesses were announced as winners across 14 categories focusing on areas such as excellence in small business, digital technology, social enterprise, customer service, innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Four major award winners were also recognised for their business expertise, capacity to expand, their contribution to the Lake Macquarie business community, and ability to give back to the community.
Precision Taxation Accounting and Management (at Warners Bay) was named business of the year; Ian Jones of Merchant Business Brokers (Newcastle) was named business leader of the year; and Gunther Neumann of Remondis (Awaba) was awarded as young business executive.
Chief executive officer of the Business Growth Centre, Graeme Cotton, was pleased with the results.
“Being my first awards, I have been really impressed with the quality of the entries, and I feel the judges have done a marvellous job in identifying the best of Lake Macquarie’s businesses,” Mr Cotton said.
The complete list of winners.-
- Customer service by whole business, Hunter Eco Plumbing (of Wangi Wangi);
- customer service by an individual, Kelly Eke, of Precision Taxation Accounting and Management (Warners Bay);
- excellence in innovation, Design Anthology (Gateshead);
- start-up superstar, A Growing Understanding (Gateshead);
- outstanding young entrepreneur, Matt Purcell of The Green Room (Warners Bay);
- small business, Mama-P Health Foods (Charlestown);
- excellence in digital technology, Precision Taxation Accounting and Management;
- excellence in sustainability, Solar Power Australia Pty Ltd (Cardiff);
- contribution to the region, Northern NSW Helicopter Rescue Service (Belmont);
- excellence in social enterprise, Police and Citizens Youth Clubs NSW - Morisset Club;
- excellence in work, health and safety, Charlestown Caring Group;
- young business executive, Gunther Neumann of Remondis (Awaba);
- business leader of the year, Ian Jones of Merchant Business Brokers; and
- business of the year, Precision Taxation Accounting and Management.
The Lake Macquarie Business Excellence Awards are an initiative of the Business Growth Centre.
“The aim of the awards is to recognise businesses operating within the City of Lake Macquarie who provide exemplary products, services and so much more,” a spokesperson said.
The awards were sponsored by Dantia and SafeWork NSW.
For details, visit lmbea.com.au