Update, 4.10pm: Emergency services searching for a missing rock fisherman at Crescent Head have located the body of a man this afternoon.
Around 3.30pm Thursday, emergency services were called to Crescent Head Lookout, Crescent Head, after a member of the public spotted personal items and equipment unattended on the rocks.
A large-scale search commenced involving police officers from Mid North Coast Police District, and Marine Area Command; assisted by Marine Rescue NSW, Surf Life Saving NSW, the SES, and Westpac Rescue Helicopter.
About 12.15pm Friday, searchers located the body of a man in the water near Pebbly Beach, Crescent Head.
While there has been no formal identification, the body is believed to be that of the missing man.
A report will be prepared for the information of the Coroner.
In the news
- Woman charged with child abuse after death of baby in New Lambton
- Former Prime Minister Bob Hawke has died at the age of 89
- Police target heroin amid supply spike in Newcastle
- Nomads bikie charged after weapons haul and python seized by police in Upper Hunter raid
- Dane Cordner to face August hearing over alleged assault of Knight Jacob Saifiti