Delivery of the national testing of Australia's school students will come in for its own examination after technical issues plagued NAPLAN earlier in the month.
Federal Education Minister Dan Tehan has ordered an independent review over the next month to look at what went wrong with the online tests.
It will focus on the delivery of the platform and what factors contributed to some schools having problems.
When the testing took place across the country in mid-May, some students lost connectivity and others were unable to log in at all.
Those affected will be able to re-sit the tests on Tuesday, with more than 1800 students in Queensland and children at 400 schools in NSW expected to do so.
Students in Victoria, South Australia and the ACT were also affected.
The tests are managed by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment in Reporting Authority, which has said re-sitting them is optional.
Queensland's education minister at the weekend said the full implementation of NAPLAN online should be delayed beyond its planned 2020 start.
- READ MORE: Hunter students go online for NAPLAN
Mr Tehan pointed out all state and territory ministers had agreed in 2014 to move from pen and paper to online delivery of NAPLAN tests.
The online tests are adaptive, meaning they can better discover the specific areas where individual students struggle or do well.
The review is expected to be finished before the nation's education minister
Australian Associated Press