Homicide squad detectives are investigating after a woman was found dead at Lake Macquarie on Friday.
Police were called to a home at The Boulevard in the early hours of the morning after they received a report of an unconscious person at the premises.
Officers arrived to find a 50-year-old woman dead at the scene.
Police established a crime scene and spent Friday examining the area.
Read more: Police and court news
A NSW Police spokeswoman said a post mortem would be conducted to determine the woman's cause of death.
She said the State Crime Command's Homicide Squad and Lake Macquarie Police District detectives were investigating to determine how the woman had died.
They are calling for anyone who saw anything suspicious in The Boulevard area at Toronto at about 2.30am on Friday to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
While you're with us, did you know Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
IN NEWS TODAY:
- Homicide squad detectives have arrested a man and a woman in connection to murder of Lake Macquarie mother Danielle Easey
- City of Newcastle closes Stockton beach as relentless conditions cause further devastating erosion
- 2019 Danny Buderus Medal winners: Barry Toohey reporting live from the Newcastle Knights annual awards gala
- Bus goes up in flames on Masonite Road in Heatherbrae, near Pacific Highway roundabout
- Lawyers accuse business figures of defamation after Facebook post, media release attack Nelmes, Bath
- Brett Hill's kidnapping, sexual assault trial will be judge-alone