Newcastle's world-famous power pole will remain stuck on the road for at least another month.
Ausgrid confirmed on Friday discussions with Newcastle council had resulted in an early-December timeframe for the pole to be removed.
"As a matter of priority, we have been working with all relevant stakeholders to find the earliest window when the pole can be relocated safely," an Ausgrid spokesman said.
"We anticipate that this job will now be able to proceed in early December."
The power pole drew widespread media attention late last month after Newcastle council realigned the corner of Foundry and Albert streets and effectively left it stranded in the path of turning traffic.
Council CEO Jeremy Bath said at the time the work had been carried out in an attempt to force Ausgrid to overlook a temporary ban on live electrical work.
The situation backfired terribly and left the council and Mr Bath facing a barrage of public criticism.
The Ausgrid spokesman said on Friday the pole's wires could potentially have to be placed underground when the relocation is undertaken.
"Moving this pole is not a simple lift and shift type job," he said.
"It requires significant changes to the local network which has an impact on the timing of when this work can be done.
"The powerlines attached to the pole will need to be placed underground or connected to other poles nearby."