GLEAMING long weekend skies are expected to disappear between clouds and showers for most of the week, the Bureau of Meteorology forecasts.
Showers are expected in Newcastle every day bar Friday before returning for Saturday and Sunday, with Maitland and other inland areas expected to receive slightly less rainfall.
IN THE NEWS:
- Knights poised to seek exemptions from the NRL to field a team against the Titans next week
- Two NSW surfers pulled unconscious from water die
- Nats face sharper preference campaign in Upper Hunter from Shooters, Labor after Michael Johnsen exit
- The Russian, the fraudster and the suitcase of cash
- NDIS new independent assessments concern Hunter participants and advocates for people with disability
- Reasonable winds but lack of swell as expectation builds in Newcastle Cup
Newcastle's chance of showers is highest on Tuesday and Wednesday, estimated at about 90 per cent.
Temperatures are due to spike as high as 29 degrees in the city on Friday, with minimums expected to stay in the high teens. Saturday is also expected to push toward the 30-degree mark across much of the region.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: