MAITLAND return to the Hunter Coast Premier Hockey League after a year off and key players are also back to bolster the Rams squad for 2021.
Matthew Brown, Ben Urquhart, Josh Magann and Wade Harry will all don the black and white uniform once more, adding experience and quality to the side.
IN THE NEWS:
- Lawrie McKinna loaned the club $365,000 to keep it afloat
- Ryan Callinan follows Julian Wilson and Morgan Cibilic to round of 16
- Search for missing man John Barrett continues: Lake Macquarie police appeal for public help
- Coal a hot issue in NSW by-election
- Green hydrogen created at the University of Newcastle used to fuel passenger vehicle
- Mark Richards shares his skin cancer story, as he advocates for skin checks and melanoma awareness
"They are all back and looking sharp," Matt Magann, part of Maitland's leadership group this season along with Brown and Urquhart, said.
"It means we've got some experience there and the quality they bring has a flow-on effect for everyone else as well."
The Rams host Souths at Maitland in Sunday's season opener.
Also in round one, Norths travel to meet four-time defending premiers Gosford in a grand final replay and Wests clash with University at Broadmeadow.
Meanwhile, the NDWHA premier league has been put back and now starts on May 1 because of ongoing renovations at Newcastle International Hockey Centre.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: