A MAN accused of the sexual assault of two women at Lake Macquarie after meeting them on a dating app will face court next month.
Lake Macquarie police began investigating after reports that the two women, aged 41 and 50, had been attacked.
Inquiries led police to arrest a 48-year-old man at a property in Wyong's Owen Avenue about 8.50am on Thursday.
The man was taken to Wyong police station.
He has been charged with four counts of sexually touching another person without consent.
In the news
"Police will allege in court that the man sexually assaulted the women in separate incidents in Fernleigh track at Belmont and Wyong after meeting them on a social media dating application," NSW Police said in a statement.
The man was refused bail.
He is due to face Belmont Local Court on December 15.
Police said investigations are ongoing and anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: