Western Suburbs have cruised into the Newcastle Rugby League grand final after thumping Central 50-10 in Sunday's major semi at Harker Oval.
The Rosellas scored nine tries in reaching the half-century but the Butcher Boys, who were previously unbeaten in their last seven starts, crossed first in each half.
Wests, chasing their first major premiership since 2014, have earned this weekend off and will eventually meet the winner of Sunday's preliminary final between Central and Cessnock at St John Oval.
Pat Mata'utia and Chad O'Donnell both landed doubles for the Rosellas while Luke Walsh kicked six conversions.
It was 22-4 at half-time.
Luke Harragon and Mitch Williams are injury concerns for the Butcher Boys.
The grand final will be held at McDonald Jones Stadium on September 22.
While you're with us, did you know Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here.
IN NEWS TODAY:
- Autism seminar features clinical psychologist and specialist Dr Lee Sturgeon
- Newcastle drug syndicate smashed: police seize two kilograms of ice
- Rough seas hamper operation to retrieve sunken helicopter from Port Stephens coast
- Mark Isaacs spent time in Afghanistan to produce a book with an unlikely underlying belief: hope
- Hunter Water customer Walter Koch says he ended up paying $14,000 to disconnect service
- Newcastle Knights fall apart under pressure again as Panthers deliver a final round humiliation