A 39 year-old man faces 22 charges of drug supply, amid a string of further charges, after he was arrested on King Street in Newcastle, where Police say they uncovered drugs, a taser-like stun device and more than $80,000 in cash inside the man's car.
The investigation began in November 2019, police said, when Strike Fore Chufa was established to investigate the supply of methylamphetamine in the Newcastle area.
Officers attached to the Newcastle City Police District spoke with the 39 year-old on King Street after extensive inquiries, police said. During a later search fo the man's vehicle, police said they seized a small quantity of methylamphetamine, an electrical stun device, and more than $80,000 in cash.
The man was charged with 22 counts of supply of a prohibited drug, supply of a commercial quantity of a prohibited drug, dealing in the proceeds of crime, and possession of a prohibited weapon.
The man was refused bail to face court on Wednesday.
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here
IN NEWS TODAY
- Hunter-wide drop in new housing approvals last year, new data reveals
- Hunter disaster fund rejects quake survivor and Newcastle council for earthquake funds
- Stockton carnage tipped to worsen later this week
- You be the judge: Home made eats or takeaway?
- Newcastle Jets: Coach backs Dimi to rediscover Cup swagger