The Newcastle Jets women's side have re-signed another key member of last season's side, defender Taren King.
In her first year for Newcastle, the former Canberra United player started in all 12 matches as the Jets finished second last on seven points in the 2020-21 campaign.
The Jets have confirmed the re-signing of Jemma House, Tiana Jaber, Lauren Allan, Sunny Franco, Sophie Harding, Claire Coelho, Tara Andrews, Hannah Brewer, Gema Simon and Cass Davis. Lucy Johnson and Kirsty Fenton are additions.
Returning coach Ash Wilson believed the experience of 24-year-old King, who has 34 appearances in the national league, would be vital.
"She is an experienced defender who reads the game well and has a competitive mentality," Wilson said in a statement.
"Her leadership qualities on and off the pitch have been an asset to the team environment, and she will bring further stability to our back line, enabling us to build on principles and partnerships."
King said: "I'm excited to continue the journey as a group and see what we can achieve this year.
"I've returned to the club this season because I feel as though we showed some really positive glimpses at times but never really got into our full stride.
"I'm hoping to get a positive season of football under my belt again and make some improvements."
IN THE NEWS:
- Perrottet 'ready to begin new chapter for NSW
- Lake Macquarie cases surge as Hunter adds 65 COVID infections
- $100,000 stumbling block: Hunter dream home 'not fit for purpose'
- Woman dead, man in serious condition after Tea Gardens crash
- Hunter won't hit vaccine targets by October 11, data shows
- Super Saturday of elections may be on cards for NSW after resignations
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: