There was a buzz in the air on Saturday for the second day of Newcastle 500.
Shane van Gisbergen called for more changes to the Newcastle 500 street circuit after winning the first race of the Supercars finale.
Van Gisbergen hoped the race organisers would modify turn one, at the end of pit straight, before next year.
"What they've done to the track's good. They need to do it at turn one as well," he said.
"Straighten that up so we're breaking on the right-hand side for a left-hander and open that up."
More from the 2019 Supercars in Newcastle
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen calls for more track changes after winning race one
- Police deploy OC spray during the arrest of four men inside the Supercars precinct
- Relive all the V8 action, photos, updates from the crowd at the Newcastle 500 Supercars 2018
- Drivers arrive, jets take off, vehicles roll in for third Newcastle 500
- KISS cancel Newcastle 500 Supercars concert, Supercars cancel entire concert for Saturday, November 23
While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here